Chambert is associated with over 2000 years of Cahors Malbec. The history of Château de Chambert begins in 1690. Located in Cahors, the esate extended its reputation in France and internationally until falling into oblivion and abandonment. It was only in 1973 when the vineyards were replanted and grown under the watchful eye of the Delgoulet family. Philippe Lejeune succeeded the Delgoulet family in 2007 ensuring all 65 hectares were cultivated biodynamically. The estate was awarded organic certification in 2009 and a Biodynamic certification in 2012.