Cart

  • No products in the basket.
SAXENBURG CHENIN 2020 LAY

Saxenburg Frogitt & Vonkel Release Chenin Blanc 2020

Farm: Saxenburg

“An exclusive Chenin Blanc produced entirely for our F&V customers.”

R170.00 per bottle (South Africa)

R175.17 per bottle (Namibia)

Availability: In stock
Style: White
Varietal: Chenin Blanc
Country: South Africa | Stellenbosch
750ml ABV. 13
Request a Call

The grapes were picked early in the cool early morning and given 4 hours of skin contact before pressing.

35% of the Chenin was fermented in older oak barrels and the other 65% in stainless steel.

Both components were left on the lees for 6 months before blending.

Once blended the wine was matured for a further 6 months in a combination of tank and barrel.  The wine was then racked into tank where it stayed for another 6 months

Beautiful peach aromas on the nose following through to the palate, which is wonderfully complex.  The combination of oak and extended lees contact add incredible texture to the wine.

The finish is long and lingering, leaving you wanting more.

Amazing drinkability and length.